A medical device manufacturer in the Indianapolis market needed to assemble and package a large number of retail based devices in a short window of time.
- Project had a tight time-line due to the retail schedule of the devices.
- High training costs due to the turnover of production staff.
- Inefficient work flow set up that created bottlenecks in two specific sections of the line.
Acción Peformance managed the production line of the medical device manufacturer.
- A fixed cost per unit was applied.
- Set qualified teams were brought in to enhance the productivity levels.
- A new project layout was designed to improve the bottlenecks in the production flow.
- Productivity increases of 75%.
- Annual cost savings of $800K.
- Work cell is co-managed by Acción and medical device manufacturer
The partnership has allowed parties to work up the value stream to create additional efficiencies including quality and shipping.